In the past decade, there has been a dramatic increase in restrictions individual states have placed on the ability for their own citizens to participate in the democratic process, under the guise of providing protection against the fictional issue of voter fraud. These restrictions fail to address a problem that does not exist, and only serve to make it more difficult to vote. Friends of Intelligent Democracy supports:
- ● Abolishing the Electoral College.
- ● Implementing a ranked-choice voting system in all 50 states for federal elections.
- ● Using nonpartisan commissions to draw congressional districts with the assistance of computer-generated models.
- ● Making Election Day a federal holiday.
- ● Requiring all candidates for federal office make ten years of tax returns publicly available.
- ● Implementing early voting periods in every state and territory.
- ● Automatic voter registration.
- ● Lowering the voting age to 16 years old.
- ● Allow non-violent felons in prison to vote using an absentee ballot during their stay in prison.
- ● Granting DC and Puerto Rico statehood and representation in both houses of Congress.
- ● Investing in our national security and state voting infrastructure to prevent foreign election interference.
Common Sense Gun Reform